Humidifiers are a great way to add moisture to dry air in your home, especially during the winter months. Not only do they help alleviate coughs, colds, and flu symptoms, but they can also reduce static electricity, peeling wallpaper, and other nuisances caused by dry air. If you're looking for a natural way to humidify your home, you're in luck! In this article, we'll show you how to make your own natural humidifier solution.
What You'll Need
- A humidifier (such as the PureMist™ Germ-Free Cool Mist Humidifier & Aromatizer)
- Distilled water
- Essential oils (optional)
- A bowl or measuring cup
- Fill your humidifier with distilled water. Using distilled water instead of tap water is important because it doesn't contain minerals that can build up in your humidifier and cause it to become less effective over time.
- If you want to add a scent to your home, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to the water. Be sure to choose an essential oil that's safe for use in your humidifier and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Turn on your humidifier and enjoy the added moisture in the air!
Tips and Tricks
- Be sure to clean your humidifier regularly to prevent the growth of mold and bacteria. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning and maintenance.
- If you don't have a humidifier, you can achieve a similar effect by placing bowls of water around your home.
- Experiment with different essential oils to find a scent that you love. Lavender, peppermint, and eucalyptus are popular choices for their relaxing and refreshing properties.
Humidifiers are a great way to add moisture to dry air in your home, and making your own natural humidifier solution is easy and affordable. With just a few simple ingredients, you can enjoy the benefits of a humidifier without any harsh chemicals or additives. Try it out today and breathe easy!